Inquire about the availability of documents in accessible formats.
A Note From The Office Of The Registrar Of Voters
As public servants of Sacramento County, we conduct accurate, transparent, and fair elections. It is important that our voters know what their voting options are, how we conduct elections, and to contact our office directly for any questions about election integrity.
Sacramento County conducts elections under the rules of the Voter’s Choice Act (Election Code 4005) where active, eligible voters will automatically receive a ballot in the mail beginning 29 days before Election Day. Voters can choose to vote that ballot and mail it back (no postage required) or drop it off at one of our official ballot drop box locations throughout the County. If a voter wants to vote in-person, they can vote in-person at any one of our Vote Center locations, open for multiple days, including weekends, prior to and on Election Day. You no longer have to go to one assigned location on just one day.
Whatever method you choose, we encourage voters to vote early, prior to Election Day. This allows us time to contact you if there is a question about your ballot envelope, and ensures your ballot is counted and included in the first release of election results by our office on Election Night. This also will help you to avoid any lines or wait times that usually come with the hubbub of Election Day.
Our office understands that voter confidence is at an all-time low in our nation. Due to concerns and questions about election integrity, we have published a few documents to let the public know the processes and procedures in place for Sacramento County, including information on our voting system and how we verify mail ballot eligibility before counting any ballots.
These are live documents and we always welcome feedback and input to improve future processes. As election rules change and our number of registered voters continues to grow, we need public input to help us see things from a different perspective. We are not perfect, and we do make mistakes, but every single employee of our department works countless hours each election and is dedicated to ensure the voices of our community are being heard and reflected in accurate reporting and results.
Members of the public are welcome to observe any part of the election at any time. If you would like to schedule a facility tour or meeting with me, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for working with us to conduct elections with accuracy, integrity, and dignity.
Department Mission Statement
- Registering voters and maintaining current and accurate voter files.
- Conducting Federal, State, County and City elections within Sacramento County.
- Checking the adequacy and certification of recall, referendum, and initiative petitions.
- Administering the local provisions of campaign reporting and financing.
- Reviewing, analyzing and monitoring the impact of legislation on the election process.
- Provide the opportunity and the means for participation in the election process;
- Be effective, efficient and responsive to customer needs through continuous improvement;
- Achieve open communication through teamwork and a spirit of goodwill;
- Support educational and training opportunities to produce quality work;
- Ensure legal requirements are met and applied consistently;
- Work together to pursue and achieve excellence.
- Respect for all
- Ethical conduct
- Commitment to Customer Service